The 10th edition of GEORGETOWN LAW’s IRON TECH LAWYER competition will take place Wednesday, April 24 at 1:30 to 4:00 Eastern and will be live-streamed at www.georgetowntech.org/irontechlawyer
Tune-in to see how today’s law students are able to develop advanced software solutions that automate legal services and support access-to-justice.
Here are the six contending apps that the students have created in Neota Logic this semester:
1. WOMEN’S LAW NAVIGATOR: Advises victims of abuse on legal rights and generates a tailored referral report
2. NAME CHANGE GUIDANCE APP: Helps transgender adults living in DC complete forms to legally change their name
3. ADVANCED PLANNING GUIDE FOR PATIENTS: Guides social workers through interview with cancer patients on legal topics. Produces tailored recommendations and referrals.
4. HAWAII LEGAL AID REFERRAL TOOL: Guides volunteer lawyers through interview with client and prepares customized recommendation report
5. ILLINOIS REPORTING ADVISOR: Advises on an individual’s obligation to register as a criminal offender in Illinois and provides related guidance and resources
6. TEXAS CRIMINAL RECORD CLEARING ADVISOR: Advises on an individual’s right to clear or seal their criminal record under Texas law
If you’d like to attend the event in person, Georgetown Law is a short walk from Union Station in DC. See the information below and rsvp via www.georgetowntech.org/rsvp
The Iron Tech Lawyer Competition is always an enjoyable event, especially for people interested in innovations in legal tech and legal education.
Hope you can join in person or via the livestream. If you can’t make either, a video will be available afterward here: www.georgetowntech.org/irontechlawyer